4-080Y series (with Mini Din Plug) :
Heavy-duty Noise-reduction Headset (YELLOW)
This heavy-duty headset lives up to the demand under extremely high-noise environment in air-piloting and car-racing. It is best used in manufactory plants as well.
Built of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), the dome of the speaker is hard, durable and heat-resistant. Layers of sponge filter ensure high passive noise reduction level (NRR) of 24dB, which means a reduction of the amount of background noise reaching your ears. The three-layered thick earpad create a seal around each of your ear from the high noise environment.
The speakers are connected by a metal frame which crosses behind your head. Though the sturdy material of the speakers are a bit weighty, the Velcro taped headstraps with which you wear the headset relieves much of the weight and provides adjustable, comfortable wearing experience.
The electret microphone offers consistent and accurate transmission. It is connected to the headset with a strong metal frame which helps adjusting it to the most suitable position while not getting loose.
Here are some of the exceptional features of the heavy-duty headset:
- Double PTT setting: you have one PTT one the left ear shell and the other in the middle of the wire that leads to the two-way radios;
- Detachable wire: the wire leading to the radio could be replaced, so that the same headset could work with different radios (with different interface cable replaced); this listing will come with a wire that works with the specific models. Please email us for purchasing extra wire for the headset;
- Adjustable Velcro strap: the head strap is releasable and adjustable to different head sizes for comfortable wearing in long hour operations;
- Fully tested under extreme environment: the headset has been tested in 50 degree Celsius and -25 degree Celsius; it has also passed through a humidity test under 95% humidity and 40 degree Celsius.
- Single-wire design with PTT between the headset and the radio;
- Length of cable: 90 cm / 4 ft overall; 45 cm / 1.5 ft from headset to PTT; 45 cm / 1.5 ft from PTT to radio;
- Weight: 488g;
- Technical Specifications of Speakers:
- Passive Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 24dB;
- Impedance: 8Ω +/- 15% at 1.0v, 800Hz;
- Resonant Frequency: 200Hz +/- 20% (without baffle);
- Output SPL: 99dB +/- 3dB (at 1W Zxis Calculated);
- Frequency Response: 15kHz;
- Rated Frequency Range: 15kHz;
- Rated Power Input: 0.5W;
- Max Power Input: 0.6W;
- Distortion: 5% Max (rated power input 1000Hz);
- Load test: Noise 0.5W in 24 hours;
- Heat test: 50+/-2°C and 20-25% R.H. in 5 hours;
- Humidity test: 40+/-2°C and 90-95% R.H. in 5 hours;
- Cold test: -25 °C in 16 hours;
- Technical Specifications of Microphone:
- Sensitivity: -43dB (f=1kHz, 0dB=1V/Par VS=4.5V, R=1.0kΩ);
- Output Impedance: 1.0 kΩ (f=1KHz);
- Current Consumption: 500μA (VS=4.5V, RL=1.0KΩ);
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 40dB;
- Decreasing Voltage: -3dB (VS=3.0V to 1.5V);
- Soldering heat shock: +/-3dB (350+/-5°C in 3 minutes);
- Storage temperature range: -40°C~+80°C;
- Operation temperature range: -40°C~+70°C;
- High temperature test: 55+/-2°C in 2 hours;
- Humidity test: 40+/-2°C and 93+2/-3% R.H. in 48 hours;
- Low temperature test: -20+/-3°C;
- Vibration test: frequency range=10~30~10Hz, amplitude=0.55mm; time for each period=3 min.; total time=30min; frequency range=30~55~30Hz, amplitude=0.15mm; time for each period=3 min.; total time=30min.
This earpiece can provide several plugs: