Benefits or Advantages of DMR (Digital Mobile Radio)
DMR is a open standard and hence portable DMR handset from one manufacturer can work with base station from other manufacturer and viceversa. Moreover portable handsets from two different manufacturers can communicate or interoperate with each other.
• DMR provides digital quality audio. This eliminates any external noise and hence can provide better audio quality even at the edge of the cell of any site.
• It provides double capacity due to two time slots per channel using TDMA technique.
• It is easy to migrate as it supports both analog and digital modes.
• DMR handset battery has longer life.
• DMR supports called ID and hence ID of person who initiates the call is visible to all the recipients.
• DMR offers secured communication as it uses encryption. Keys are exchanged before the communication starts so that voice/data goes encrypted over the channel.
• There are numerous applications of DMR (Digital Mobile Radio), some of these are remote monitoring (telemetry), SCADA, vehicle automation, GPS etc.